CALIFORNIA MODULARS ADUS
With as little as 324 square feet of space and less time than you think, you could have a ADU on your existing lot! Built off site and delivered to your residence, they're the smartest solution on the market. In most cases these homes are built stronger than your existing home. Put on a permanent foundation and attached to your existing utilities, they will stand the test of time.
One Stop Shop
WELCOME TO CALIFORNIA MODULARS – BACKYARD ADU'S
If you’re shopping for a new accessory dwelling unit or a secondary home, you’ve come to the right place! California Modulars is a leading Northern California ADU home builder. We’ve been perfecting the art of building quality, affordable, and customizable modular homes in california.
As a locally owned and operated company based in San Jose, California, we have always aimed to provide our customers with personalized service, plentiful options, and a superior level of quality.
ADU Price Estimator
Use our price calculator to get an instant quote on the cost of your new home!
The price builder gives you an estimation depending on the information you provide it. Don’t consider this price to be a quote but just an estimation depending on your property type and the finish materials that you have chosen for your ADU model. But, it is important to understand what these costs include and what they exclude.
- Design & Architecture Fees
- Structural, MEP & Title 24 Engineering
- Permit Processing
- Mobilization & Construction
- Project Management of all of the items above. You only deal with California Modulars local area representative.
- Permit and other City fees (San Jose/Santa Clara estimate coming soon)
- Soils Engineering (typically not required)
- Landscaping Design or Install (typically not required
- Fire sprinklers
Efficient building and engineering practices. Advanced Framing Techniques are a set of engineering and framing techniques that reduce the amount of lumber used while increasing the amount of insulation and structural integrity of the home. This practice is also knows as Optimal Value Engineering (OVE). All of our homes are designed and engineered using Optimal Value Engineering. This means your home is more energy efficient then standard homes.
System-built homes are engineered to be strong. In fact, a government study by FEMA following hurricane Andrew found that system built homes performed better then standard site-built homes. The report says: “System-built homes appear to have provided an inherently rigid system that performed much better then conventional residential framing.”
A stronger home is a safer home. Your home will last longer, require less maintenance and sustain less damage in the event of an earthquake, hurricane, wind storm, etc.
Insulated, double pane windows with Low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities are extremely efficient. Low-E glass decreases energy loss by up to 50%. It contains a highly engineered surface designed to reflect heat before it passes through a window while still allowing most visible light to pass through. It doesn’t appear any different then ordinary glass. Low-E also reflects UV light to protect interior furnishing from sun bleaching. Argon gas filled cavities add an additional 6% energy efficiency over windows without argon gas. Both features increase the energy efficiency of your home and lower your monthly utility bills
ENERGY STAR qualified appliances use 10% to 50% less energy than standard appliances. ENERGY STAR qualified appliances save energy, save money, and help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants.
BENEFITS OF ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED APPLIANCES
1) Lower Utility Bills. Appliances account for nearly 20% of the average household’s energy use. A comprehensive package of ENERGY STAR qualified appliances can save up to $80 a year in energy costs compared to standard appliance
2) Improved Quality and Durability. Energy-efficient appliances often include quality components surpassing those found in standard appliances.
Even the fans make a difference. Energy star ceiling fans are over 50% more efficient than conventional fans. They use improved motors, blades and designs to dramatically increase their efficiency.
Our homes offer many sustainable, energy efficient features:
- Efficient grid design with exact dimensions that fit building material sizes reduces material waste and labor costs.
- Advanced framing techniques increase energy efficiency and reduce material cost and waste.
- Windows with low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities increase energy efficiency.
- All energy star appliances and fixtures reduce energy use and increase sustainability.
- Low VOC paint and finishes create a safer home with better indoor air quality.
- High-tech insulation and air filtration sealing techniques increase energy use for heating and cooling the home.
- Exact Floor plan details such as wall panel drawings reduce materials waste and labor costs.