California Modulars Sustainable Technology
California Modulars ADU home offers modular construction of the highest quality. We build the home of your choice using the latest building technology, and in a controlled factory environment by specially trained workers protected from untimely weather delays. Not only can you build the home of your dreams, but the factory-built process makes it faster and affordable for you.
One Stop Shop
Building your ADU in our factory is just one part of the total project. Other steps include planning, permitting, finish specs, site work (by a California-licensed contractor), factory coordination and mobilization. We have facilitator teams in Santa Clara County and Sonoma County who will manage everything for you. We can also work directly with your contractor.
Efficient building and engineering practices. Advanced Framing Techniques are a set of engineering and framing techniques that reduce the amount of lumber used while increasing the amount of insulation and structural integrity of the home. This practice is also knows as Optimal Value Engineering (OVE). All of our homes are designed and engineered using Optimal Value Engineering. This means your home is more energy efficient then standard homes.
System-built homes are engineered to be strong. In fact, a government study by FEMA following hurricane Andrew found that system built homes performed better then standard site-built homes. The report says: “System-built homes appear to have provided an inherently rigid system that performed much better then conventional residential framing.”
A stronger home is a safer home. Your home will last longer, require less maintenance and sustain less damage in the event of an earthquake, hurricane, wind storm, etc.
Insulated, double pane windows with Low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities are extremely efficient. Low-E glass decreases energy loss by up to 50%. It contains a highly engineered surface designed to reflect heat before it passes through a window while still allowing most visible light to pass through. It doesn’t appear any different then ordinary glass. Low-E also reflects UV light to protect interior furnishing from sun bleaching. Argon gas filled cavities add an additional 6% energy efficiency over windows without argon gas. Both features increase the energy efficiency of your home and lower your monthly utility bills
ENERGY STAR qualified appliances use 10% to 50% less energy than standard appliances. ENERGY STAR qualified appliances save energy, save money, and help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants.
BENEFITS OF ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED APPLIANCES
1) Lower Utility Bills. Appliances account for nearly 20% of the average household’s energy use. A comprehensive package of ENERGY STAR qualified appliances can save up to $80 a year in energy costs compared to standard appliance
2) Improved Quality and Durability. Energy-efficient appliances often include quality components surpassing those found in standard appliances.
Even the fans make a difference. Energy star ceiling fans are over 50% more efficient than conventional fans. They use improved motors, blades and designs to dramatically increase their efficiency.
Our homes offer many sustainable, energy efficient features:
- Efficient grid design with exact dimensions that fit building material sizes reduces material waste and labor costs.
- Advanced framing techniques increase energy efficiency and reduce material cost and waste.
- Windows with low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities increase energy efficiency.
- All energy star appliances and fixtures reduce energy use and increase sustainability.
- Low VOC paint and finishes create a safer home with better indoor air quality.
- High-tech insulation and air filtration sealing techniques increase energy use for heating and cooling the home.
- Exact Floor plan details such as wall panel drawings reduce materials waste and labor costs.
Some disclaimers on this schedule:
- This preliminary project schedule does not account for any unforeseen agency processes such as appeals, special permits for off-site construction, or agency processing delays. California Modulars is only able to control portions of this schedule that relate to generating documents for agency review. The portions of the schedule relating to agency processes can and will change without notice.
- This preliminary project schedule is based on the Client being available, making quick decisions and chosing one of California Modular's semi-custom models.
- This preliminary project schedule is based on the Building Permit being processed over the counter or expedited with the Building Department. California Modulars cannot be responsible for the time it takes to complete the City’s Plan Check process. Expedited Plan Check has additional city fees and timing can not be guaranteed.
- Construction timelines are estimates and cannot be guaranteed by California Modulars, LLC.