Efficient building and engineering practices. Advanced Framing Techniques are a set of engineering and framing techniques that reduce the amount of lumber used while increasing the amount of insulation and structural integrity of the home. This practice is also knows as Optimal Value Engineering (OVE). All of our homes are designed and engineered using Optimal Value Engineering. This means your home is more energy efficient then standard homes.
Super Efficient. We offer your choice of 95% efficient forced air furnace and AC systems or highly efficient mini-split systems. Either way, a small additional cost up front pays back every single month with lower heating and cooling costs. The mini-split systems use variable speed compressors with AC to DC inverter technology to continuously match the heating and cooling load. This technology avoids the on/off cycling of conventional central heating and electric resistance systems, which are commonly associated with high energy usage. In addition they eliminate ducts that account for up to 30% wasted energy consumption. (www.energy.gov).
Healthier. The systems use advanced plasma, 4-stage air purifying systems that include a permanent filter, electronic air purifier, self-cleaning indoor coil and dehumidifying mode where the indoor unit senses room temperature and controls humidity. This is especially important for those with allergies or respiratory conditions.
Insulated, double pane windows with Low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities are extremely efficient. Low-E glass decreases energy loss by up to 50%. It contains a highly engineered surface designed to reflect heat before it passes through a window while still allowing most visible light to pass through. It doesn’t appear any different then ordinary glass. Low-E also reflects UV light to protect interior furnishing from sun bleaching. Argon gas filled cavities add an additional 6% energy efficiency over windows without argon gas. Both features increase the energy efficiency of your home and lower your monthly utility bills
ENERGY STAR qualified appliances use 10% to 50% less energy than standard appliances. ENERGY STAR qualified appliances save energy, save money, and help reduce emissions of greenhouse gases and air pollutants.
BENEFITS OF ENERGY STAR QUALIFIED APPLIANCES
1) Lower Utility Bills. Appliances account for nearly 20% of the average household’s energy use. A comprehensive package of ENERGY STAR qualified appliances can save up to $80 a year in energy costs compared to standard appliance
2) Improved Quality and Durability. Energy-efficient appliances often include quality components surpassing those found in standard appliances.
Even the fans make a difference. Energy star ceiling fans are over 50% more efficient than conventional fans. They use improved motors, blades and designs to dramatically increase their efficiency.
Our homes offer many sustainable, energy efficient features:
- Efficient grid design with exact dimensions that fit building material sizes reduces material waste and labor costs.
- Advanced framing techniques increase energy efficiency and reduce material cost and waste.
- Windows with low-E glazing and argon gas filled cavities increase energy efficiency.
- All energy star appliances and fixtures reduce energy use and increase sustainability.
- Low VOC paint and finishes create a safer home with better indoor air quality.
- High-tech insulation and air filtration sealing techniques increase energy use for heating and cooling the home.
- Exact Floor plan details such as wall panel drawings reduce materials waste and labor costs.
The Price Builder will give you a pre site quote pricing depending on the information you provide it. There are a number of factors that influence pricing such as engineering requirements, shipping distance, local contractor costs, finish materials options selection, lot complexity and site location. In general, the finished ADU home including all the onsite costs such as foundation, driveway, utilities, excavation, decks, and finish materials, cost starting from $360 per sqft. Once our sales specialists are given the full site feasibility report by our on site engineers after your property inspection, you would get the statement of work with the final price in the contract.